Chance for five local charities to benefit from chosen status at Thursfields
Five local charities are to receive focused fundraising, awareness and volunteer support from Thursfields Solicitors for the 2021-22 year.
The new charity of the year application window has now opened, and entries will be accepted for consideration until 20 March.
The successful charities will then become Thursfields’ chosen charities from 1 May to 30 April 2022.
Thursfields’ Chairman Nick O’Hara said: “We select five local charities every year which we then support throughout 12 months to help them provide crucial services within our communities.
“Our team across Thursfields’ five offices will strive to raise as many funds as possible for each charity, providing volunteers to help on projects and raising awareness of the important role each charity plays.
“We all live and work in our local communities and so we are keen to support local charities as much as we can, helping them to make even more of a difference to those who are in greatest need.”
Thursfields’ five charities in 2020/2021 were:
- Black Country Foodbank, which helps vulnerable individuals and families in crisis with three days of emergency food supplies while longer-term solutions are developed. More details at www.blackcountryfoodbank.org.uk
- Get A-Head, an independent cancer charity supporting those with head and neck diseases and cancers. More details at www.getahead.org.uk
- New College Worcester, which educates young people who are blind or vision impaired. More details at www.ncw.co.uk
- Sight Concern Worcestershire, which supports blind and partially sighted people to lead independent and fulfilling lives. More details at www.sightconcern.co.uk
- Variety, the Children’s Charity, which supports children and young people who are sick, disabled or disadvantaged. More details at www.variety.org.uk
The above five charities are receiving Thursfields’ support throughout the 2020-21 year until the end of April, and examples of how they have benefited include a £1,000 per charity donation at Christmas.
Nick added: “Everyone here at Thursfields has enjoyed helping our current five charities of the year, and we are now looking forward to choosing the next five who will benefit for 12 months from this May.”
Charities need to explain in no more than 500 words why they should be considered on an application form that can be found at https://thursfields.co.uk/charity-of-the-year/