Senior Associate and Care Sector lead Claire Parry joins the team
Thursfields has appointed a new Senior Associate, Claire Parry who specialises in the Funding of Care for the Elderly and Disabled, further expanding our Care Sector offering.
Claire has joined the firm’s rapidly expanding private client team having previously owned and ran her own business advising on all aspects of Care. She brings with her extensive experience and expertise in following areas in particular:-
- Free NHS Continuing Health Care (‘CHC’) Funding – If someone has complex, unpredictable, intense or unstable health care needs, then the NHS will meet the full cost of that person’s care. It is also possible (subject to time limits) to retrospectively recover CHC Funding;
- Local Authority Funding of Care and Financial Assessments – to include Local Authority’s valuation of jointly owned property, investment bonds and business assets;
- Deliberate Deprivation of Assets in order to obtain Local Authority Funding for Care;
- Deferred Payment Agreements in respect of property in which a person has an interest and who is receiving care in a Residential or Nursing Home;
- Section 117 Aftercare which should be provided free of charge to a person who has been sectioned under Section 3 of the Mental Health Act;
- Third Party Contributions / Top Up Fees – where the Local Authority requests a family member / third party to pay a weekly financial contribution towards the care fees in order to secure a care placement;
- Proposed evictions from a Care Home;
- Hospital Discharge into Care – to include Intermediate Care which is short-term care that is provided free of charge for people who no longer need to be in hospital but may need extra support to help them recover;
- Care Home Contracts.
Claire has over 20 years experience working in the Care Sector and will be working closely with the practice’s private client team to further build on the wide range of services they offer.
Michelle Hetheridge, Director and Head of Wills and Estates said:
“We are delighted to welcome Claire to Thursfields. Following an exceptional year for Thursfields’ private client team we are pleased that our growth enables us to offer this specialist advice through our own in house specialist care team, further strengthening our client offering”.
Thursfields recently won Birmingham Law Society Award of Law Firm of the Year (5 – 15 partners).